DBICC Health and Safety Procedures During Covid-19 – July 2020
We are aiming to provide a safe service for this community to worship God. We believe these are prudent but not onerous precautions.
- If you are feeling unwell … please stay home for your own good and for the consideration of others in our church family. Please let us know so we can pray for you and help you in other practical ways.
- Entry The Discovery College Security Team will do the initial Health Screening and Questionnaire before allowing people to enter the premises.
- Included: Temperature check, hand sanitizer, questions about recent travel, health concerns and contact with Covid-19 patients.
- Nursery We will not provide Nursery caregivers or toys during the month of July. We will have the play mats, changing station and a speaker set up in the area where the Nursery is normally located if parents want to step into that area with their babies. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to resume Nursery care soon.
- Junior Kids Church (age 2.5-5 years) & Senior Kids Church (age 6–10 years) will be provided.
- All children and teachers must wear a mask
- Toys will be limited and will be cleaned before and after the session
- Group size will be no greater than sixteen (16), including the teacher. If there are more than sixteen children in JKC, each sub-group will be no larger than sixteen (16) and will be separated by at least 1.5 meters.
- The room will be limited to 80% of the capacity for that venue.
- There will be no snacks.
- Theatre For the main worship service several precautions will be in place:
- Seating will be limited to 80% of the capacity for the room.
- We will block off rows of chairs to make sure groups are no larger than sixteen (16) and that groups are separated by at least 1.5 meters.
- Pilots Club Section All attendees and families of those who are under work-related medical surveillance are requested to make use of this section to help protect the vulnerable members of our congregation.
- We will have a section of seating in the Theatre labeled as Pilots Club
- Other Precautions Cleaning done with solutions of 1:99 parts bleach or at least 70% alcohol.
- Masks in both adult and child sizes will be available for those who did not bring one with them.
- We will not use items that are typically shared or passed around like community Bibles, offering collection bags, etc.